20. Handling yourself in a Global Crisis from CFO John IrvineJun 23, 2022
How have you handled the pressure from global crises?
Join guest John Irvine, a global CFO Formerly of GE and Current. who sat through the 2008 financial crisis with GE, leading his team through acquisitions and private equity at a time when keeping the balance between the client's needs and keeping a company afloat was treacherous.
In the episode we discuss:
What to bear in mind working with different cultures, from the UK, mainland Europe, two stints in Tokyo, Melbourne and Boston USA. How we handled the fallout when news broke about Lehman Brothers in 2008, and how that helped him through the pandemic How to deal with guesswork and ambiguity when your job relies on accuracy
- Join the Leader's Library to see John's edition along with other short leadership lessons for free here https://www.speakingambition.com/leaderslibrary
- Connect with John: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnairvine/
- Connect with Alex https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandra-bond-burnett-presents/
- Book a consultation for coaching here: https://calendly.com/alexandrabb/intro-call
- Are you ready to make a greater impact as a leader? Get your free assessment to give you more visibility, more confidence and more control over your future.